The Children of Cyre
Study of the Prophecy had an unexpected consequence...
Jin, level 5 Changeling, Psion Build: Telepathic Psion Discipline Focus: Telepathy Focus Background: Mad Wanderer, Geography – Urban, Natural Chameleon (+2 to Bluff)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 20, Wis 8, Cha 18.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 10, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 17, Wis 8, Cha 15.
AC: 20 Fort: 15 Reflex: 19 Will: 21 HP: 41 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 10
TRAINED SKILLS History +12, Bluff +15, Arcana +12, Perception +6
UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +3, Heal +1, Insight +3, Intimidate +6, Nature +1, Religion +7, Stealth +2, Streetwise +6, Thievery +2, Athletics +2
FEATS Psion: Ritual Caster Level 1: Aberrant Mark of Madness Level 2: Unarmored Agility Level 4: Superior Implement Training (Crystal orb)
POWERS Psion at-will 1: Mind Thrust Psion at-will 1: Dishearten Psion daily 1: Ravening Thought Psion utility 2: Intellect Fortress Psion at-will 3: Betrayal Psion daily 5: Hypnotic Pulse
ITEMS Crystal orb of Life Conversion +1, Adventurer’s Kit, Amulet of Protection +2, Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Fine Clothing (2), Alchemical Reagents (Arcana) (125), Residuum (Any) (100) RITUALS Sending, Conceal Dragon mark, Magic Mouth, Tenser’s Floating Disk, Silence, Fool’s Gold, Arcane Lock
5 quick things about your character or background.
- Jin was fascinated by the draconic prophecy while working for the sage Ondri in Sharn.
- He started taking research home on the side, and his revelations into the prophecy caused him to start seeing signs of it everywhere, which he still does today.
- His master, Ondri, was not as excited as Jin was about Jin’s revelations and accused Jin of madness, Jin slay him in a panic and caused a mental break.
- Jin manifested his Dragonmark in the stress of his revelations, he still sees signs of the Prophecy everywhere.
- Jin sees his changeling nature as a way to get access to more data regarding the Prophecy.
- Jin is convinced he is agonizingly close to a major breakthrough regarding the Prophecy.
2 Things that would be nice to accomplish in character.
- It would be kind of neat for Jin to have a moment of clarity where he confronts the full horror of his research. Not sure how to address this, but it might be interesting.
- Jin also might do well with a protege, wandering in circles of researchers sharing his ideas on the Prophecy.
2 Secrets about your character.
- Jin is terrified that his fragments of the prophecy are totally unrelated and he’s fallen down this rabbit hole for nothing. Jin knows he’s not fully sane anymore, but he’s hoping his research is worth it.
- Jin’s fragment has caught the attention of the chamber, he’s actually sitting on a fairly important piece of the prophecy regarding the Mournland.
3 people tied to the character.
- Vanas Bell is a former assistant to Ondri. Vanas has no idea what happened between Jin (she knows him as Ivan) and Ondri and has no idea that Jin/Ivan is responsible for his death. Vanas can be depended on to spill gossip about other groups working on the prophecy.
- Jasper is an old school friend of Jin’s (Jin went by Easton then). Jasper’s talents always lay in strategy, and he left school for a military posting where he distinguished himself in the last war working with the Brelish military. Jasper now holds a position of limited importance in the military there, and can be coaxed into spilling information about military operations with a bit of liquor.
- There is an adult Green Dragon named Antharosk who knows of Jin’s research, and would very much like to make it his own. Jin has had many dealings with the beast in the past, but the dragon has been careful to conceal his nature. The Dragon is still deciding if Jin should be slain for his arrogance, or if his research should be hidden until it is completed, and until he makes up his mind on that he is unwilling to let the mad Changeling come to any serious harm.
- Jin’s crystalizing moment was the first time he noticed a sign of the Prophecy on his own in the smoke from his leaky apartment stove. Since then he has seen signs of the prophecy everywhere, when awake and asleep alike.
- The death of Jin’s mentor Ondri shaped Jin’s dedication to his work. At this point Jin is convinced that only by unraveling his section of the Prophecy will all of the things he has done be worth it. Jin is dimly aware that he has become a monster, but he can’t stop now that his research is so close.
- Life in Sharn, Jin used to juggle 4 lives in Sharn (Ivan and Easton being just 2 of those) along with 3 addresses.
- Thane Greenfield – a mid level bureaucrat in Sharn with a taste for expensive vices; Thane wears his hair and beard neatly trimmed, and enjoys expensive robes. Often found among the upper class who go ‘slumming’ in the lower levels of the city. Thane is often suspected, though never caught, in possession illicit substances.
- Xavian Daleborn – An earnest citizen of noble Brealand. Mrs. Daleborn is possessed of a frail constitution and needs him badly, and Xavian is deeply devoted to her.
- Lorenzo Boyd Russell – a spineless toady. Lorenzo is gifted only in his ability to use the system to his advantage. Tall and lanky, Lorenzo is deeply invested in the system he works so hard to exploit, as such he is always on the hunt for those who break the law, and report them to the proper authorities.